Santa needs lots of calories to stay on alert while delivering millions of presents – you wouldn’t want your house to be the only one where Santa doesn’t find a plate of cookies and a glass of milk. That means you’re going to need a kid friendly cookie recipe for your family.
This quick and easy recipe is great for spending an afternoon of fun in the kitchen with the kids.
Snowmen Cookie Recipe:
Ingredients and supplies:
- One tube refrigerated sugar-cookie dough (16 oz)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- I can vanilla frosting
- Mini M&M’s, tube icing and candied fruit for decorating.
- Snowman cookie cutters (2 to 3 inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Knead flour into prepared dough.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutter to cut dough.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before decorating.
- Spread frosting on the top of each cookie; then let your creativity flow as you add eyes, nose, mouth, hat and scarf details to bring your snowmen to life.
This recipe makes about 3 dozens cookies, but you will be having so much fun you won’t want to stop with just one batch. Let cookies air-dry for at least an hour to allow decorations to thoroughly set before storing in your holiday cookie jar.
Don’t forget to leave the cookies out for Santa! This Snowman Cookie Jar would be perfect to stash the cookies in!