When Father’s Day comes around each June, it’s important to take the time to show your dad how much you care. While many people honor their fathers with a gift on Father’s Day, most dads appreciate the sentimental thoughts that are expressed in a simple card. Depending on your relationship with your dad and how you want to share your feelings, you may opt for a humorous card or a more serious card. In other cases, you might want to use the words of someone else to show your dad how much you care. These phrases to put in your Father’s Day card will surely help you get started this year.
Phrases to Put In Your Father’s Day Card
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad,” – Anne Geddes.
- A father is someone you look up to, no matter how tall you grow.
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it,” – Clarence Buddington Kelland.
- From great oaks, little acorns grow.
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get,” – Tim Russert.
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- Dad, you’re kind of a big deal.
- Dad, who needs a superhero when I have you?
- A dad is a son’s first hero and a daughter’s first love.
- Dear Dad, I’m sorry I could only afford the same Father’s Day gift that I gave you when I was seven.
No matter how you choose to show your dad that you care, make sure you pick a phrase that will let him know exactly what you are thinking. Some dads and their children relate better over a good, hearty laugh. Others prefer to shed a few tears and embrace on Father’s Day. There’s no right or wrong way to celebrate this holiday, but it is important to make sure that you take a few moments to recognize the role that your dad played in your life. For more Father’s Day ideas, visit Current Catalog today.