The weather is cooling down, so, it’s time to put the grill away till next year. Get a jump on next summer’s outdoor meals by using our grill cleaning tips before packing your equipment away.
- Take an inventory of your equipment. Toss out what’s worn, and repair what you can. Scout out new gear for next year at end of the summer clearance sales.
- If possible, clean your grill grate while it’s still hot from the last outdoor summer meal. Stuck on materials will come off more easily.
- Wash down the grill to remove ashes, as these can contribute to rust and wear.
- Remove all detachable parts and wash with soap and water. Let dry thoroughly before storing.
- Spray down interior surfaces of the grill with non-stick cooking spray to deter rust.
- A cooking-oil soaked paper towel can help keep moisture off grill surfaces while it’s in storage.
- Wipe down the outside to remove built-up dirt. Touch up any wear or rust with grill-safe paint.
- If you don’t have one, invest in a grill cover. It will protect your grill from the weather till next year.
Hopefully these grill cleaning tips will prolong your grill’s life and keep the food tasting delicious! For fun grilling accessories, like corn grilling baskets or grilling recipes, visit Current Catalog!