Grandparents have been there for all of life’s incredible milestones. When it’s time for gift giving, you can keep it simple while still gifting something special. Check out a few of these ideas for simple gifts for grandparents:
- Framed Artwork – the kid kind. Let your child go all out making a special gift for Grandma, then frame it in a keepsake frame or wall art cabinet. She might get plenty of artwork throughout the year, but this will make it even more special.
- The gift of nature. A potted orchid, rosemary topiary or indoor bulb kit is a wonderful gift to give the grandparents – one that lasts well beyond the special day.
- A Family Time Coupon Book – Grandma and Grandpa love it when all the family gathers, but with the hustle and bustle of today, it’s hard to corral everyone together. Put together a “coupon book” of vouchers they can use to “cash in” for a family dinner or outing.
- Personalized Gifts – From tree ornaments to beach chairs, key rings to wall art, you can definitely find a gift perfect for the grandparents on your list.
- Puzzled for their gift? A puzzle is a great gift because a puzzle often means time together. Pull up a chair and work on it with them.
- Handmade ornaments – let the kids paint clear glass ornaments especially for Grandma. She’ll proudly hang them on her tree and treasure them for years to come.
- A family tree – paint a simplistic (or intricate!) tree with branches for each family member on a canvas. This is one way to remind them of how many people cherish them.
- Go practical, but special. A personalized checkbook cover is a great gift for grandparents, and many can be personalized.
- Photo Gifts – What grandparent wouldn’t love to show off their gorgeous grandkids through photo jewelry, office products, or home décor?
Homemade treats. You can’t make everyone an over-the-top gift basket or personalized bakeware filled with homemade treats, but you could spend a little time on one for Grandma and Grandpa – go for it!