“It’s the thought that counts.” That saying is never more true than at Christmastime. How much you spend isn’t what matters. What matters is how much you care. Here are ten fun and inexpensive Christmas gifts that can say, “I care,” without breaking your bank.
- Movie night – Wrap a newly released DVD — or even a cherished classic — along with some microwave popcorn. Voila! Movie night without leaving home.
- Refrigerator magnets – Everyone uses the fridge for notes. Give a charming set of imaginative magnets so your family can post those notes with style.
- Boxed games – There’s nothing more fun than family game night. Try a traditional favorite, like Monopoly, or something more challenging, like Bananagrams!
- Something for the car – Most families spend a lot of time in the car. Make that car-time more pleasant. Wrap up a pocket tool kit, some lighted key chains and a car-sized trash can.
- Specialty coffees – Box three or four seasonal coffees to be enjoyed on Christmas morning. Be sure to add some cocoa, too, for the kids.
- Scented candles - These can be enjoyed year round, but homey scents like candy cane and cinnamon add a real holiday flare to Christmas day.
- A cookie kit - Package some holiday-shaped cookie cutters and a recipe book. Throw in some fun-shaped sprinkles to add to the fun.
- Something for Fido - A gift for a beloved pet is a gift for the whole family. Buy him a shiny new food bowl or a safety light for his collar.
- Collage frame – Find a large picture frame with lots of openings. Add a few family photos, then let the kids fill the rest of the frame themselves.
- Personalize a calendar – Start with a basic calendar and add your own family photos. Your family will have a keepsake to enjoy all year long.
For more inexpensive holiday fun, be sure to check out Current’s Dollar Deals!